Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crazy Month

Well, I haven't posted in over a month. It has been a crazy one!



Unfortunately, we had to put down Ellie the day before Easter. She took a huge turn for the worse the week leading up to Saturday. By the end, she could hardly breathe. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.



The house was so empty and quiet. And after thinking about it, I haven't been without a kitty cat since I was about 5 years old. Yikes, that was a long time ago. Coming home from work was terrible, no kitty to greet me. :-(



So, I lasted about a week and we ended up going to local pet store where they were having a cat adoption. One of the kitties pretty much adopted me. So we brought her home. Her original name was Egypt, but I didn't think it fit, so I renamed her Squeaker. She has the cutest little meow that sounds more like a squeak. She is about 6 months old. One of the most patient and mellow kitties I have ever met! I will probably be getting her a friend soon. She is definitely a polar opposite of Ellie. I really miss my Ellie too!



Then, my mom's, brother's and my birthday all fall within a week (end of April, beginning of May)...it is almost like Christmas all over again! Followed by Mother's Day...yikes! Hopefully the running around to the relatives will take a break for a bit. It wears me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment